This episode is Part 4 of a series on the principle of irimi (entering). In it we continue to explore the role of irimi in defending the straight kick or front kick (shomen geri):
- Timing and the line for the irimi (entering): from 00:45
- Full speed technique with intention to hit: from 1:40
- Discussion on the harmony element of this technique: from 2:00
- Explanation of the yonkajo osae on the tibia (inside leg bone): from 2:40
- Just going for it! from 3:40
In these videos we aim to explore all things Aiki in a budo sense and delve into the concepts and principles that make this style of aikido such an effective martial art for self defence and self development.
The presenters are Ryan Slavin (5 Dan Yoshinkan Aikido, Shintō Muso Ryū Mokuroku, 2nd Dan WTF Tae Kwon Do) and Lawrence Monforte (4 Dan Yoshinkan Aikido). Between the presenters they possess over three decades of martial arts experience. Both presenters are students of Mori Michiharu Shihan – the last uchideshi of Master Gozo Shioda (Kancho Sensei), the founder of Yoshinkan and direct student of O’Sensei.
Enjoy the conversation more by contributing respectfully in the comments and don’t forget to subscribe the the channel.