Episode 4 (P2) out now FREE.
The conversation continues about Yoshinkan Aikido. This episode is Part 2 of a series on atemi (strikes). In it we explore the role of atemi when being grabbed:
- Exploring a variation of shihonage (four directional throw) using a leg reap as the atemi.
- Exploring the role of atemi in kata mochi nikkajo osae 2 (2nd control submission from a shoulder/lapel grab).
- Exploring the role of atemi in kata hiji mochi nikkajo osae (2nd control submission from a shoulder/lapel and sleeve grab).
- Exploring the role of atemi in katate mochi yonkajo osae (4th control submission from a single hand grab).
- Discussing the mindset of mindful kata geiko training and respectful dialogue between shite and uke to explore points of vulnerability within techniques.
In these videos we aim to explore all things Aiki in a budo sense and delve into the concepts and principles that make this style of aikido such an effective martial art for self defence and self development.
The presenters are Ryan Slavin (5 Dan Yoshinkan Aikido and Shintō Muso Ryū Mokuroku) and Lawrence Monforte (4 Dan Yoshinkan Aikido). Between the presenters they possess over three decades of martial arts experience. Both presenters are students of Mori Michiharu Shihan – the last uchideshi of Master Gozo Shioda (Kancho Sensei), the founder of Yoshinkan and direct student of O’Sensei.
Enjoy the conversation more by contributing respectfully in the comments and don’t forget to subscribe the the channel.