Welcome to an authentically Japanese martial arts experience on the Sunshine Coast!
WHAT IS YOSHINKAN AIKIDO?
Aikido Yoshinkan has its roots in traditional Japanese martial arts dating back over 800 years. It is the official style of Aikido practiced by the Tokyo Metropolitan and Riot Police in Japan. There are no tournaments and it is not classed as a sport. This style of Aikido is dynamic and very effective; it is a system of throwing, joint locks, strikes and pinning techniques.
WHY DO YOSHINKAN AIKIDO?
Training at the Sunshine Coast dojo…
- DEVELOPS COORDINATION, HEALTH & FITNESS
- INCREASES FLEXIBILITY AND REFLEXES
- DEVELOPS PERSONAL SAFETY/PRACTICAL SELF-DEFENCE
- INSTILS DISCIPLINE, RESPECT AND FOCUS
- FOSTERS COMMUNITY AND HARMONY
NOV/DEC. SOGO SHINSA (GRADING) & XMAS Breakup BBQ
Grading training will commence again on the 18th of November and run until the 2nd December. Shinsa will be conducted on that Saturday 2nd December.
Don’t forget to register with Sensei no later than the Thursday before the grading.
The last class for 2017 will be on December 16th followed by a break-up BBQ at Happy Valley from 3:00pm. Please RSVP with Sensei no later than 2nd Dec.
REGISTER NOW for the AikiKids class running in school term time. Contact the dojo for more information and to register your place.
SUNSHINE COAST DOJO 3rd ANNUAL DEMONSTRATION
The 3rd Annual Demonstration is on Sunday the 24th September at the Caloundra Dojo. Doors will open at 1:30pm for a 2:00pm start.
Tickets are available at the door. Come along and see the magic of Aikido Yoshinkan and how far the Dojo’s students have progressed!
BRISBANE DOJO 22nd ANNUAL DEMONSTRATION
The 22nd Annual Demonstration is on Sunday the 27th August in Brisbane. For more details, see the information on the Brisbane Yoshinkan Aikido Dojo website.
ADULT CLASS TIMES:
MONDAY – General class: 6-7pm; Advanced: 7:15-8:0pm0
WEDNESDAY – General class: 6-7pm
THURSDAY – General class: 6-7pm; Advanced: 7:15-8:00pm
SATURDAY – General class 9:30-10:30am
KIDS CLASS TIMES:
THURSDAY – AikiKids class: 4:30-5:15pm
SATURDAY – AikiKids class: 8:30-9:15am
Classes at the dojo are split into two levels: General and Advanced:
- Kids classes are open to children from 5 years old to 11/12 (depending on capability and body condition students at the age of 11 or 12 may choose to join the general class).
- General classes are open to all levels from the very beginner to the black belt
- Advanced classes are open to those who have graded to an acceptable level of proficiency (approx. 5th Kyu depending on student) and those who display a good level of fitness.
2/4 Lynne Street, Caloundra. Queensland.